Monday, January 16, 2012

On That Note

As can be expected, things are slow business-wise since the Christmas rush. I was stressed to get orders done on time and now I'm stressed that there are few orders. I took a needed break from my torch and, after 3 weeks, have begun again, renewed.

I started out playing with my new toy--a hollow mandrel that allows me to create hollow beads. It's just like glassblowing, but on a much smaller scale. So far I don't have any spectacular results, but I'll keep working on it.



 <----- Hollow Bead Mandrel
            (courtesy of Sundance Art Glass)


       


         An amazing, giant hollow bead  ----->
         by Belvedere Beads, blog here






  I also made several pendant beads shaped like music notes. They look pretty cool and will be nice on a simple chain necklace. Here are some still on mandrels:


No comments:

Post a Comment