Friday, November 18, 2011

A Sneak Peak


It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I want to give a sneak peak of the holiday beads I've been working on. I've experimented with all sorts of designs--candy canes, Santa hats, stockings, snowmen, holly leaves, and bells. The candy canes and snowmen are definitely the most challenging. The snowmen because I want to make them in one single piece instead of 3 separate round beads. Then, I add a scarf and "coal" eyes and buttons. These like to bake in and spread out too much and make the snowman look creepy. So, I have to make sure not to heat them directly while I'm adding the finishing touches. Finally, I put the carrot nose on and have to be careful that it too doesn't spread out. Here are some slightly creepy ones:


Tomorrow is the American Leadership Academy's holiday craft fair in Spanish Fork. I'm excited! My sister Elizabeth is helping out and I hope to have a fun, busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment